In an email this morning from Superintendent Tonya Merrigan:
- All high school athletics and activities practices can resume on Saturday, Sept. 5, with modifications in place. This includes high-risk activities, like football and dance, as defined in Appendix C of the Kansas State Department of Education Navigating Change document.
- Blue Valley administrators and coaches will work with our medical partners at The University of Kansas Health System to develop significant modifications for high-risk activities and athletics as called for in the Kansas State Department of Education’s Navigating Change guidance around the gating criteria.
- Competitions may begin for all high school activities and athletics. Any student representing a Kansas State High School Activities Association (KSHSAA) sponsored activity or sport shall meet all eligibility requirements prior to the first scheduled day of competition.
- Competitions will be restricted to the Kansas City metro area.
- At this time, middle school activities and athletics are postponed until in-person learning begins. We remain committed to exploring options for these programs to continue including options for alternate seasons.
- Building administrators and coaches will share additional information about spectators/audience modifications, travel guidelines and live streaming of events.
We will continue to update the website as we get more details. Athletes can check with their coaches for specific practice times.